Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Left Hand Excavating completed pre-construction prep at Reach 1.
- Western States continued to work on securing plant materials.
- Civil Arts completed staking grading limits at Reaches 7 and 9 and began on construction staking throughout Reach 1.
- Our staff worked with Biohabitats and CU to complete vegetation surveys.
A Look Ahead
- Construction (bank grading and in-stream) work is starting at lower end of Reach 1 on Tuesday and Boulder County staff will be on-site to help with cultural assessments. This should take about one week.
- Construction in the middle and upper portions of Reach 1 will begin the following week, Sep 9.
- A second construction crew is planning to start work at Reach 9 on September 16.
- Deb and Glenn will be visiting sites to complete photomonitoring.
- Civil Arts will continue construction staking at Reach 1 and work upstream (starting at Reach 9 then returning to Reach 2) in the coming weeks.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites, starting at Reach 9 then returning to Reach 2, in the coming weeks.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue for Reaches 4-9. Thanks again for your responsiveness and flexibility as I reach out to schedule these.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.