Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction began at the lower end of Reach 1. Work focused on overflow channel excavation.
- Funders visited sites to assess progress and provide feedback.
- Western States finalized the plant materials list.
- Civil Arts continued construction staking throughout Reach 1.
- Our staff completed pre-project photo-monitoring at sites.
A Look Ahead
- Construction (excavation and in-stream) work will continue at Reach 1, moving upstream.
- A second crew will begin at Reach 9 the week of September 16, after a final site visit with Boulder County for our Stormwater Permit.
- Deb and Glenn will be visiting sites to complete photomonitoring.
- Civil Arts will continue staking grading limits in the upper reaches prior to final landowner walkthroughs.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites in the coming weeks.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue for Reaches 4-9. Thanks again for your responsiveness and flexibility as I reach out to schedule these.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.