Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction continued at the lower end of Reach 1. Work included bench and point bar grading at the downstream end. (Crew 1)
- Construction finished up Reach 9. Work included bench grading and installing pools. (Crew 2)
- Glenn collected benthic macroinvertebrate samples at project sites.
A Look Ahead
- Crew 1 will continue grading and in-stream work at Reach 1. They anticipate completing work up to the point bar towards the middle stretch of the project in the coming week, and then to the backwater channel the following week.
- Crew 2 is starting grading and in-stream work at Reach 7. Work there will continue through the end of next week. After that, Crew 2 will move on to Reach 6.
- Western States will mobilize on October 7 (this is a correction from info sent last week). I’ll have more details on revegetation phasing next week.
- Civil Arts will complete construction staking at Reach 6 prior to work starting.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites in the coming weeks as needed.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue. They are being scheduled as close as possible to the start of construction in each reach or subsection of reach to keep everything fresh in mind. Thanks again for your responsiveness and flexibility as I reach out to schedule these.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.