Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction continued point bar grading in the middle stretch of Reach 1. (Crew 1)
- Construction is finishing up at Reach 7 at the end of this week. Work included bench grading, removing sediment, installing pools, and improving fish passage. (Crew 2)
A Look Ahead
- Crew 1 will continue grading and in-stream work at Reach 1. They will focus on the backwater channel next week and move upstream into the upper portion of the project area the following week.
- Crew 2 will start grading and in-stream work at Reach 6 early next week. Work there will continue for approximately 2 weeks. After that, Crew 2 will move on to Reach 5.
- Western States will mobilize on October 7 and begin revegetation work at Reaches 9, 7, and portions of Reach 1.
- Civil Arts will complete construction staking at Reach 5 prior to work starting.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites in the coming weeks as needed.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue. They are being scheduled as close as possible to the start of construction in each reach or subsection of reach to keep everything fresh in mind. Thanks again for your responsiveness and flexibility as I reach out to schedule these.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.