Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction continued in the middle stretch of Reach 1. Work focused on excavating the pre-flood channel and hauling material. (Crew 1)
- Construction finished up at Reaches 6 and 7, and equipment was moved down to Reach 5. Work included bench grading, removing sediment, installing pools, and improving fish passage. (Crew 2)
- Plant installation is nearing completion at Reaches 9 and 7. Plants were delivered for installation to the downstream end of Reach 1.
A Look Ahead
- Crew 1 will continue grading and in-stream work at Reach 1. They will focus on the pond area in the central portion of the reach in the next two weeks.
- Crew 2 will start grading and in-stream work at Reach 5. Work there will continue for approximately 1 week. After that, Crew 2 will move on to Reach 4.
- Plant installation will continue at Reach 1 next week and will start at Reaches 5/6 during the week of the Oct 21st.
- Civil Arts will complete construction staking at Reach 4 prior to work starting.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites in the coming weeks as needed.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue. They are being scheduled as close as possible to the start of construction in each reach or subsection of reach to keep everything fresh in mind. Thanks again for your responsiveness and flexibility as I reach out to schedule these.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.