Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction continued in the middle stretch of Reach 1. Work focused on excavating the pond area. (Crew 1)
- Construction continued Reach 5. Work focused on bench grading, removing sediment, and installing pools. (Crew 2)
- Plant installation continued at Reach 1 and in parts of Reach 7.
A Look Ahead
- Crew 1 will continue grading and in-stream work at Reach 1. They will focus on the pond area in the central portion of the reach next week and will start on the fish passage area the week of October 28.
- Crew 2 will complete grading and in-stream work at Reach 5 this week and will then begin work at Reach 4.
- Plant installation will continue at Reaches 1, 7, and 9. Willow stake installation still needs to be done at Reaches 7 and 9, and a few small areas still need to be planted at Reach 7.
- Plant installation will begin at Reaches 6 and 5 during the week of October 28.
- Civil Arts will complete construction staking at Reach 2 prior to work starting.
- Utility Locators will continue visiting sites in the coming weeks as needed.
- Final construction walk throughs will continue.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.