Canyon Watershed Restoration Project — Weekly Update
The Past Week
- Construction wrapped up in the middle stretch of Reach 1 and the crew started work in the main channel and the fish passage area. (Crew 1)
- Construction continued Reach 2 after mechanical issues with the excavator were resolved in the middle of the week. (Crew 2)
- Plant installation re-started this week in Reaches 1 and 2 as snow melted and temperatures warmed up. Willow stakes were installed in some of the upper reaches.
A Look Ahead
- Crew 1 will continue work around the fish passage area in Reach 1 in the coming week.
- Crew 2 will complete work at Reach 2 next week.
- Continuation of plant installation will be determined based on weather. While most remaining installation will be delayed to the spring, seeding and willow stake installation will occur next week.
- Crews will work to wrap up remaining tasks in upper reaches and erosion-control related tasks.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.